Below are the artworks from the January 2021 exhibit. To see the current exhibit please click here.
Title: Northern Rockhopper Penguin Artist: Revathi Rengarajan Backstory: The Northern Rockhopper Penguin are classified as “Endangered” by IUCN. Approximately 85 percent of the Northern Rockhopper Penguin’s global population is found in the South Atlantic Ocean and breeds at the Tristan da Cunha archipelago The remaining 15 percent is found in the Indian Ocean on Amsterdam and St. Paul islands. Oil spills are the biggest threat to these penguins, as oiled feathers lose the ability to keep the warm and waterproof. Their populations have declined significantly in the last 50 years and in 2010 it was estimated that the decline has been up to 57% in the last 27 years, which is terribly heartbreaking. Climate change, ocean temperature fluctuations , prey availability and commercial fisheries are all other threats to these feisty penguins.
Title: Red Panda 🐾 Artist: Eesha Hariramani Other Links: Etsy Backstory: This was my first entry to the #wildlifewednesdaychallenge. They are doing a great job by raising awareness of endangered species. I never knew this Red Panda existed until i came across this one. They are sooo adorable. Would love to paint more of them 🤩
Title: Freddie Artist: Josh Backstory: After the small practice version I felt confident enough to do this big version. One of my all time favorite singers, Freddie Mercury. This was done in acrylics, on 30” x 48” canvas.
As we welcome 2021 in, I am still going through my husbands photos! Missing travels so reminded of memories already made. Funny as my uncle in Australia video called me while I was doing this. That was kinda freaky!
Love the colours I can get when mixing paint pens. They blend so well & surprise me each time.
Think I will be using this lockdown to play around more!
A4 acrylic painting
Title: Eastern Bluebird Artist: Castor Backstory: “Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” – Winnie the Pooh . Eastern Bluebird [LC] 🇺🇸 – Huge Thanks to @jdkellyphotography for the permission 🙇♂️
Title: Green terrarium dragon Artist: Lizzy Other Links: Patreon Backstory: An apothecary has a collection of dragons that she keeps in terraria. Each dragon has its own environment. She likes them and lets them out everyday to stretch their wings.
Title: Mandalorian Helmet Artist: Kristina Howitt Other Links: Etsy Backstory: By request, my Mandalorian helmet painting is now available as an 8×10 print! I’ll be adding it to my #etsyshop later today, or just comment “Sold” for your signed print! 👇
Title: Watcher Artist: Ian Bristow Backstory: I painted this as a Secret Santa gift over the holidays. It’s another artist’s OC
Title: “Flurry Foxy Flirt!” Artist: Kindel Page Backstory: This was very early on in my digital explorations! I was just learning on a program on my phone! After working on an iPad for a while now it’s crazy thinking back to some of the things I attempted on my phone and my finger!
Title: Vampire Lady Artist: Charlotte Gill Backstory: No particular background story. Just was in the mood do draw a portrait in a dark style.
Title: Sunny day Artist: Ghazaleh Other Links: Backstory: Artist Website Sunny day is a beauty of scenery in a warm day and finished with Acrylic in 9*12 inches.
Title: Succulents Artist: Maria Gehrke Other Links: Artist Website Backstory: Very late birthday and maybe early Christmas painting for my dear friend. A homage to her love for succulents.
I was stuck on this for a while, but then changed directions and made it a multi layered painting. What is that called? Tole? And opted for a black background to make the colors pop more.
Title: “Brooky night” Artist: Wild Ways Designs Backstory: This piece is an abstract and magical image filled with creatures, elements and feeling of the Smoky Mountains we love so much!
Title: Warmth Artist: Elise Aabakken Backstory: My favorite part of 2020 was the community of artists I found online and all the joy it has brought me, and this piece was our last collab for PaintPals, a project started last summer which has grown into a big group of amazing artists I’m happy to call my friends! 💕
This reference photo was our December challenge, by photographer @iamkeefe and I love the warm glow of the cottage amongst the cold trees. It’s a bit cheesy, but I compare it to the warmth of having a community, somewhere that feels like “home” and how often that “somewhere” can be a group of people, in a world that (especially right now) can feel a bit cold and unwelcoming 💕❤️🏡
Title: ARAGORN / THE PROPHECY Artist: Pigi Glarou Backstory: Tolkien is one of my favorite writers and I adore the way he uses symbolism to his stories. Aragorn passing through the paths of the dead is a clear symbolism to me, which means that in order to become a king he must leave his old life behind. Graphite pencils on A3 paper.